Friday, April 17, 2009

Intro

The number one question you're probably asking yourself, is why I created this. Maybe I want people to feel sorry for me. Maybe I want you to be inspired. Maybe I want someone to read this and think, 'Jeez, that sucks, at least I'm not them!' Maybe, it's just because, I want to? I think that's it. Anyway, whatever the reason, these are my confessions I want to share with everyone. Maybe you'll learn something; I don't think either of us are expecting much.

I guess since this is an introduction I should introduce myself... and maybe my blog.

I'm Danni. Nice to meet you!

I'm a pretty normal, your average blond blue eyed 19 year old university theatre majoring student. Or a pretty normal SINGLE average blond blue eyed 19 year old university theatre majoring student... who takes transit.

I have been living in Vancouver for almost a year after 19 years of seclusion from something called the "world". It's a really cool thing, I think everyone should see it at least once in their lives. This "world" is one of the most amazing things for a singleton/small-towner/out-of-towner/country bumkin to see. It's indescribable. You think you know everything there is to know about the "world" and yet you come face to face and you're struck dumb like a deer in the headlights of a fast moving frieght train with a drunk engineer on a bender.

All fantasy Bambi suicides aside, my blog is a blog of confessions. What is a confession, you ask? Well...

Confession. Definition:

1. Acknowledgment; avowal; admission.
2. A formal, usually written, acknowledgment of guilt by a person accused of a crime.
3. Something that is confessed.

In the case of my confessions, they border along 1 and 3. It's only ever 2 if I've done something like hold up a bank, protest downtown transit by lying down in front of a bus, or skinny dipping in the day time. All of the above are last things on a list of things I would EVER do.

I guess, the first confession I'd like to make is... I'm gay... Keep in mind, if I wasn't, this wouldn't have been called Confessions of a Drag Queen... it'd probably be called Confession of a Lumberjack... or Confessions of a Republican or White Anglo-Saxon Protestant or Straight White Blonde Boy Who Can't Get Laid.... and that's not the case with me (wink, wink).

My second confession is that I'm a drag qeen... again, see above for other title options if i wasn't a drag queen. I may not be a proffessional onstage but I could be. I guess I choose to be some kind of hostess or someone who is the life of the party. My father never understood why I'd have to dress up to have fun. Then again a majority of men don't understand at all.

In all honesty ,this is a place where I can vent. You can listen or just go to Youtube or whatever you do when you want to block out other people's crap, but there's nothing here that isn't from my heart. I think if we all made an effort to tell the truth, maybe not about others, but about ourselves, maybe we can learn to cope with things we couldn't deal with in the first place. Maybe. For now, it's another story for another time. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment